How do you know when it’s time for a website rewrite?
This is a question that’s so often posed to me by leads and colleagues, and I get why people want to make sure they’re making the right business decisions. Let’s face it: Between hiring a website copywriter and a website designer (among other potential service providers), complete website rebrands often cost a lot of money. And it’s important to make sure the investments you make in your business will pay off in the long run.
This episode will help you understand what influences whether a website rewrite is warranted and how you can tell if the time is right for you.
Here is what Erin wants you to know about getting a website rewrite
Other podcast episodes and resources mentioned in this episodes:
- What Goes In a Brand Messaging Guide?Brand Messaging and Repurposing Content with Emily Aborn
- What’s the Difference between a Messaging and a Visual Style Brand Guide?
- How Marketing Has Changed (And What You Need to Know) with Brittany McBean
- Inclusive Marketing, Messaging, and Copywriting with Jackie Sunga
- Globally Inclusive Website Design and Copy with Danbee Shin
- Accessible Website Standards for Small (and all!) Businesses with Erin Perkins
Quotes about KEYWORD
- “One of the main reasons I see people needing a website rebrand with new website copy is that they have inconsistent messaging.” – Erin Ollila
- “If you are on your discovery calls and you are treating it more like an educational sales call where you have to explain things to them. The reason that that’s happening is because the information that you’ve provided them outside of that discovery call [on your website] is not doing its job.” – Erin Ollila
- “If you find that your leads have this level of confusion about exactly what you do or what you offer, It’s very likely related to some ambiguity in your copy around those things.” – Erin Ollila
- “What is that commandment? ‘Don’t covet your neighbor’s wife’. Like, if you’re coveting your competitor’s copy, it’s probably time you need a new website copy rebrand for yourself.” – Erin Ollila
- “Because there gets to be this moment of growth in businesses where suddenly what the DIY did to move you forward…it’s just not going to do much more for you.” – Erin Ollila
Learn more about your host, Erin Ollila
Erin Ollila believes in the power of words and how a message can inform – and even transform – its intended audience. She graduated from Fairfield University with an M.F.A. in Creative Writing, and went on to co-found Spry, an award-winning online literary journal.
When Erin’s not helping her clients understand their website data or improve their website copy, you can catch her hosting the Talk Copy to Me podcast and guesting on shows such as Profit is a Choice, The Driven Woman Entrepreneur, Go Pitch Yourself, and Counsel Cast.
Stay in touch with Erin Ollila, SEO website copywriter:
- Learn more about Erin’s VIP Day options if you’d like to learn more about how you can hire her to help you with your marketing
- Reach out her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or on LinkedIn to talk more
Here’s the transcript for episode 098 on ______
Note: Show notes may contain affiliate links to products, offers, and services that I whole-heartedly recommend.